Annual Member Banquet

Good morning, everyone.

 We have posted the sign-up sheet for the banquet to be held on Saturday, Sept. 3, starting with a social hour from 5-6 p.m., followed by dinner, and member discussion.  If there is a space opposite your name in the “guest” column, please indicate who it will be. Payment for the guest will be made at the door.

 Also posted are volunteer sign-up sheets to help with various parts of the banquet.  We need help with table set-up, decorating, and table dressing, wine & cheese prep and set-up, serving, and clean up.  Please, everyone needs to lend a hand. It will make light work of the day for everyone.

I love golf card
I love golf card by GraphicsRF

 There is also a sign-up sheet for being a marshall during the tournament.  Your prompt attention is appreciated.

Thank you.  Ira


July 9, 2016 Golf Committee Minutes

Golf Committee Minutes

Forest Meadow Golf Club

July 9, 2016

Committee Meeting

Committee Attending: Glenn Leighton, Ira Colby (chair), Bob McPhee, Ginger Allain, Evelyn Colby, and Louise Billy

Members attending:  Dave Mankus, David Prentice, Judy Toof, Royce Bartlett, Jack and Ann McGuinness

  • The clean-up day with 8 volunteers resulted in 5 loads of brush/branches removed from the course. They would like to have another work day, possibly a Thursday. Marcel will organize that.
  • Ralph Risser will distribute the funds for the Adopt a Hole to the people who have worked on that.
  • The expenses for the pancake breakfast are $212 which is below the amount budgeted for that. The RVers camping at the rally field were invited to it.
  • Evelyn moved to approve the minutes from the June meeting (recorded by Louise Billy) and Glenn seconded the motion. In future, minutes will be sent to the board members for review and if there are no objections within 48 hours, then they will be posted to the FMGC webpage.
  • Glenn suggested more scrambles for Saturday play to encourage new people to join. Other members suggested variations. Glenn has posted the formula for the handicap on the bulletin board. Zero is considered the base handicap and players won’t have one below zero.
  • It was clarified that when there is a 3-person team in a scramble that one player would take an extra shot (tee, fairway, green) per hole. This would rotate with a different player on each hole to compensate for the absent 4th player.
  • The upcoming golf instruction was discussed. Dave Mankus approved use of the field for this but said for instruction on the course, participants would need to pay the daily playing fee. There was consideration of holding an advanced clinic later with a charge. The clinic would cover playing out of the sand and over water.
  • After a short discussion, Ginger moved and Louise seconded that the proceeds of the charity golf tournament be used to benefit the food pantry.
  • Since a caterer for the end-of-year banquet would be too costly (around $19 per person), it was suggested that the Colby sons be approached about cooking ham, scalloped potatoes, etc. to see if costs can be kept within budget. Members in the past preferred not to have it as potluck. Since the date falls at the time of the various games, Judy Toof was asked if those could be held the week before. Ann McGuinness asked in the wine and cheese could be at 4:30 or 5:00 because of church commitments.
  • The meeting adjourned at 2:23 pm.

Minutes compiled by Ginger Allain and sent to committee members on July 23, 2016. If no objection is raised, they will be posted to the website July 25.


July 9 Golf Club Board Meeting

Dear FMGC Members,
I wanted to remind you all that Sunday, July 10, is our Annual Champagne Breakfast fund raiser.  We still need a few volunteers if you are interested in helping there is a sign-up sheet on the bulletin board.   This breakfast is open to everyone in the park and guests so bring your friends. It’s a great breakfast for $7.00.

Saturday afternoon, July 9, at 1:00 is the golf club board meeting which is open to members so you are all welcome and encouraged to attend.   We will be discussing the upcoming golf clinic, charity events and the annual awards banquet.

There are few members playing in the Saturday league that still haven’t paid their $10.00 membership fee for this season.  If you haven’t paid please see me or Evelyn to get signed up.   If you are not sure if you’ve paid see us and we will check our receipt book.

I hope to see you all on the golf course Saturday and at the Breakfast on Sunday.


Want to Join the Golf Committee?

A recent meeting of the golf committee listening to an update by Glenn.

A recent meeting of the golf committee listening to an update by Glenn.

The Golf Committee is losing a few members and we would welcome new members to our Committee. Your ideas, your help would be greatly appreciated and will enhance the golf experience at Lake Forest. If you are interested, please contact any of the current members. Either start immediately or be a member of the 2016 Committee.

Upcoming Golf Events

Time is flying this summer.  In only a few weeks, we will be holding our Charity Day Event on August 15 and our Annual Banquet on September  5.

If you have not had an opportunity to signup for the Charity Day Tournament, the Signup sheet is on the Golf Bulletin Board.  Unlike other golf events, you can select your own team or you can join another team if they have an opening.
Details on the Charity Day Tournament.

Details on the Charity Day Tournament.

The Chinese Auction items will be on display from 8 a.m. until the drawings at 3 p.m.  Please drop off your donations to Evelyn Colby at 93 Oak  by August 10.  Remember all money raised will be donated to the Wakefield Food Pantry.
At 3:30 we are planning a Wine and Cheese event to present awards and make our donation to the Wakefield Food Pantry.
Due to conflicting event schedules, the August Golf Meeting scheduled for August 8 has been rescheduled for Sunday, August 9 at 1 p.m. in the Clubhouse.  An Agenda will be sent out early next week.
New Date: Aug. 9 golf committee meeting.

New Date: Aug. 9 golf committee meeting.

I would like to thank Marilyn Connors, Phyllis Creasey and Brian Duffill for providing goodies for the weekly league play and Adrian Genotti for making the new Hole in One Plaque.
Thank you for your support during 2015,
Diana Genotti