Golf Etiquette for Putting
- Don’t move around while someone is putting. Do not stand where you might distract a fellow player.
- Don’t make any noise when your fellow player is preparing to putt.
- If tending the flag, hold the flagstick so the flag doesn’t flutter in the breeze. Be sure your shadow doesn’t fall across the hole or line. Pull the flagstick up before the putt to be sure it won’t stick when you remove it. The flagstick should be removed after the player has hit the ball (before the ball reaches the hole).
- Generally, the player closest to the hole will tend the flagstick.
- If all players are close enough to not need the flag in, remove it and place it on the ground where no putt will accidentally hit it.
The rules for the course are as follows:
- Forest Meadow Golf Club at Lake Forest Resort 2013
- USGA Rules cover rules not covered by the FMGC Rules
Bob McPhee was appointed keeper of the rules. If a member has any questions, or requests for changes, see Bob.